Looking to join an amazing team and make a difference?
MDSi has influenced and created a whole new world and process on how to best service technology and supply chain companies. Feel like being a part of something fantastic? Something that will not only exceed the expectations of the MDSi client-base, but the way you look at and view the world? Something special?
The Productivity Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, documentation, and support of the engineered production standards as well as the development and implementation of best-method practices in a high-volume distribution, production and reverse logistics operation. Additional responsibilities include maintaining the SQL based Production Recording (AX 09 and MS Dynamics 365) and the Labor Management System (Ultimate Software), along with developing and executing queries used in engineering analysis.
The Productivity Manager works directly with the COO and VP of Operations to develop and implement best methods, standard conditions and the engineered labor standards. The Productivity Engineer collaborates with counter parts across the network to ensure methods and standards are consistent.
- Develops best methods, standard conditions and engineered labor standards for multi-variable production operations.
- Identifies and evaluates improvements in methods, procedures, and workflow that increase productivity, and decrease operating cost.
- Coordinates the implementation of engineered methods, standards, and reporting systems – including conducting standards introduction meetings and analysis presentations with associates, supervisors, managers and directors.
- Maintains the configuration and assists in the development of the production reporting applications and related interfaces with timekeeping, warehouse management and labor productivity systems.
- Executes queries and reports for the collection of data used in engineering analysis. Maintains the existing data collection applications along with other SQL and MS Access based applications used in conjunction with the standards program.
- Collects and summarizes time study and work sampling data to support development of engineered labor standards.
Summary of other Job Duties:
- Maintains knowledge of production and incentive pay reporting applications. Assists with trouble-shooting data entry, reporting, and data collection problems.
- Assists in the development of processes and mechanisms for labor forecasting, staffing, modeling, incentive performance/bonus reporting and tracking and other reporting as required to support management of engineering projects.
- Advises and assists management with labor analysis and economic justification studies. Assists operating management with implementation of changes to established methods.
- Creates and maintains with assistance from operations management team all process documentation
- Technical Competence/Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Analysis and Judgment
- Applied Statistics
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Four-year degree in Industrial Engineering and 3 + years of proven field experience in warehouse process optimization and engineering.
- Knowledge of SQL and Power BI applications. Knowledge of MS Dynamics 365 a plus
- Strong Mathematical and analytical capabilities. Time study, work measurement, and warehouse floor data collection experience preferred.
- Operations knowledge of distribution, reverse logistics and related processes preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with non-exempt associates, operational supervisors, and executive management.
- Available to work varying schedules across 1st and 2nd shifts as needed.
- The ability to think in terms of process flow and identify operational component operations and interrelationships.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and technical writing skills.
- Experience in using PCs in a professional setting – developing and using standard applications such as spreadsheets, and word processors as typical tools to execute.
The Project Coordinator role is an integral role within the Supply Chain Services and is vital to ensure the success of a program and/or project. This role not only embodies the details listed below but also encompasses the skills, knowledge, and responsibilities of a Supply Chain Support I with a continued emphasis on customer service, quality and delivery of MDSi’s services.
The Project Coordinator roles involves close monitoring and coordination of various aspects of a program and/or project. This would include coordinating activities and people across several teams or departments ensuring activities are carried out as planned and results achieved on time. This role involves the day-to-day running of a customer program. This role has no direct reports.
Duties and responsibilities
- Customer Support
- Complete monthly customer billing per company guidelines and within approved timeframes
- Proactively work with the customer and Project Manager to identify opportunities for repair, test, refurbishment and asset retirement (resale or disposal).
- Coordinate asset pickups using approved 3rd part freight carriers.
- Coordinate inbound activity (ASN) with logistics department.
- Monitor activities across the various teams or departments working on the program and/or project. Including but not limited to web orders, transfers, disposals and dispatch.
- Identify and effectively communicate opportunities for improvement and efficiency gains within MDSi and our customer organizations.
- Report regularly to the Project Manager or Functional Manager to ensure activities are executed per the requirements of the customer agreement (SOW).
- Preparing and keeping records of the day-to-day activities of a project or program.
- With input and assistance from management, generate monthly report suite for customer business reviews.
- Prepare additional reports as required for the project or program.
- Assist as needed for the implementation of new Project and Program related activities.
- As requested by the Project Manager or Functional Manager participates in weekly/monthly activity meetings with the customer and internal teams.
- Partner with Logistics to remediate inventory discrepancies.
- Manage customer specific tasks and special requests.
- Act as a primary Point of Contact (POC) for PACT and Axapta administration including but not limited to maintaining minimum and maximum inventory levels, customer location updates, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2-3 years of Sales Support or comparable Supply Chain Experience
- Experience in managing Supply Chain Projects
- PMI CAPM or APICS CPIM preferred
- Exceptional in resolving escalations in relation to a request.
- Quick problem-solving skills and attention to details.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer facing experience and customer issue resolution.
- An understanding of key terminology surrounding voice and data communications, supply chain and reverse logistics.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite especially Microsoft Excel and keyboarding skills.
- Exhibit the ability to work in a team and work independently with multiple priorities and tasks.
- Capability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.