The ProLiant DL980 G7 from HP is the perfect platform to launch and scale up critical environments with sacrificing performance. Featuring HP’s PREMA Architecture, the ProLian DL980 G7 delivers impressive scaling and improved efficiency needed to overcome the challenges of today’s applications, while it’s self-healing resiliency ensure a low cost of ownership. Perfect as a workhorse and even better as a virtual server, the HP ProLiant DL980 G7 is sure to fit into any data center.
HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Rack Servers
The HP ProLiant DL980 G7 (featuring the HP PREMA Architecture with Smart CPU caching) is the backbone of many data centers with it’s resilient system fabric. Together with 10-core Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-family and 7500 series, expandable memory (up to 4 TB), and HP Integrated Lights-Out 3 (iLO 3) server management software, it’s no wonder the DL980 was the first x86 server to cross the 25,000 users for SAP two-tier Sales and Distribution Standard Application benchmark.
- Processor and memory
- Chipset: Intel Xeon Processor E7-family and 7500 series chipset
- Processor type: Intel Xeon Processor E7-family and 7500 series processors
- Number of processors: 8
- Available processors:
- Intel Xeon E7-4870 Processor (2.40 GHz/10-core/30 MB/130 W)
- Intel Xeon E7-2860 Processor (2.26 GHz/10-core/24 MB/130 W)
- Intel Xeon E7-2850 Processor (2.00 GHz/10-core/24 MB/130 W)
- Intel Xeon E7-2830 Processor (2.13 GHz/8-core/24 MB/105 W)
- Intel Xeon E7-4807 Processor (1.86 GHz/6-core/18 MB/95 W)
- Intel Xeon X7560 Processor (8C, 2.26 GHz, 24 MB cache, 130 W)
- Intel Xeon X6550 Processor (8C, 2.00 GHz, 18 MB cache, 130 W)
- Intel Xeon E6540 Processor (6C, 2.00 GHz, 18 MB cache, 105 W)
- Intel Xeon E7520 Processor (4C, 1.86 GHz, 18 MB cache, 95 W)
- Processor core: 10-, 8-, 6-, or 4-core
- Cache memory: Up to 30 MB per socket
- Maximum processor speed: 2.4 GHz
- Memory type: DDR3 RDIMM
- Maximum memory: 4 TB, with 32 GB DIMMs
- Memory slots: 128 DIMM slots
- Advanced memory protection: DRAM Double Device Data Correction (DDDC), Advanced error checking and correcting (ECC), mirrored memory, and
- Drives supported: 8 SFF SAS or 8 SSD SAS
- Network controller: (1) 1GbE NC375i Multifunction 4 ports
- Storage controller: (1) Smart Array P410i Integrated
- USB Port(s): 6 Total, 2 F, 2 R, 2 Int
- PCI Slot(s): Up to 16 slots supported: 11 full length/full height and 5 low profile slots. Base I/O backplane configuration: 2 PCI-E 2.0 x8, 3 PCI-E x4. Optional full height/full length I/O backplanes – (choose only one): 2 PCI-E 2.0 x16, 1 PCI-E 2.0 x4, 2 PCI-X OR 4 PCI-E 2.0 x8, 1 PCI-E 2.0 x4, 1 PCI-E 1.1 x4. Optional low profile I/O backplane: 4 PCI-E 2.0 x8, 1 PCI-E 2.0 x4.
- Serial Ports: 1x Serial Port
- LAN Socket(s): HP NC375i Integrated Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter
- Graphics Integrated ATI ES1000 with 32MB embedded video SDRAM
- Form factor: Rack
- Rack height: 8U
- Remote management: HP Integrated Lights-Out 3
- Power supply type: Redundant standard on performance models, optional on entry and base models
- System fans features: Hot-plug fully redundant
- Measurements: 353.6mm height x 482.6mm wide x 876.3mm depth
New and Refurbished HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Rack Servers
New and Refurbished HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Rack Servers provide exceptional value and may be just what you need for your application and bottom line. MDSi carries New and Refurbished HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Rack Servers and, in most cases, MDSi can ship your HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Rack Servers overnight to more than 60 countries worldwide. To rent, lease, or buy new or refurbished HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Rack Servers, simply Add to Quote and Submit.
Need Maintenance or Support?
MDSi can extend the life of your new or refurbished HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Rack Server for as long as possible with our IT Hardware Maintenance Program. Our OEM-certified technicians can keep your HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Rack Server running smoothly at a fraction of the cost charged by the manufacturer.
Before it leaves our warehouse every New and Refurbished HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Rack Server is thoroughly tested before receiving the certified designation. The engineers who conduct this evaluation are OEM-certified, having received extensive training in testing, configuring, and troubleshooting HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Rack Servers. We also feature a Lifetime Warranty for qualified end users.
In today’s marketplace, other than the return address on the box, there really is no difference in the hardware or maintenance that resellers provide to the customer. The true value lies in the people, the delivery, and the execution of the solution that surrounds said hardware. The MDSi difference centers on discovering the total cost of ownership of your entire current infrastructure and balancing that against future hardware initiatives to minimize your capital investment. We accomplish this by applying our full suite of Asset Management programs and services, which include Reverse Logistics, Spares Management, Repairs, Maintenance, and Installations.