The Cisco Catalyst 6840-X Series Switch is a scalable 2RU fixed backbone switch.
Security features, quality of service (QoS), and high availability make this switch an effective and scalable network solution for small to midsize campus backbones.
Utilizing the switch extends Cisco infrastructure services and provides consistency throughout the network. By making the maximum use out of existing resources, operational expenses can be reduced, with further savings from superior redundancy features. Employing a Cisco 6840-X switch into your network decreases cable complexity, secures assets, reduces space requirements, and can help increase overall efficiency.
Cisco Catalyst 6840-X Series Switch
- Dimensions: 3.5 inches (88.9 mm) height, 17.35 inches (440.7 mm) width, 21.8 inches (553.8 mm) depth
- Weight: 37.03 lb (16.8 kg)
- Switching capacity up to 240 Gbps Full Duplex
- Onboard memory 4 GB
- IPv4 Routing up to 180 Mpps
- IPv6 Routing up to 90 Mpps
- L2 Bridging up to 180 Mpps
- 128K MAC entries
- Virtualization features
- Virtual Switching System (VSS)
- Location ID Separation Protocol
- LISP Across Subnet Mode (ASM)
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- 40 10G ports (+8 using breakout cable)
- 2 40G ports (+10 using reverse adapter)
- 1G SFP Modules
- 1000BASE-T SFP
- 100BASE-FX SFP
- Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- VLAN ACLs
- Router ACLs
- Port ACLs
- Private VLAN
- IEEE 802.1ae Layer 2 encryption
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 Cisco TrustSec
- Up to 16 uRPF check (IPv4/IPv6)
- Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Input Voltage 100 to 240 VAC
- Power Supply Compatibility AC: 1100W, DC: 1100W
- Temperature: Operating temperature range 0ºC to 40ºC (32ºF to 104ºF), storage temperature range -20ºC to 65ºC (-4ºF to 149ºF)
- Humidity: Operating relative humidity 5% to 90% non-condensing, storage relative humidity 5% to 95% non-condensing
New and Refurbished Cisco Catalyst 6840-X Series Switches
Our Cisco Catalyst 6840-X Switches provide exceptional value and may be just what you need for your application and bottom line. MDSi carries Cisco Catalyst 6840-X switches and, in most cases, MDSi can ship your switches overnight to more than 60 countries worldwide. To rent, lease, or buy new Cisco Catalyst 6840-X Switches, simply Add to Quote and Submit.
Need Maintenance or Support?
MDSi can extend the life of your new or refurbished Cisco 6840-X Switch for as long as possible with our IT Hardware Maintenance Program. Our OEM-certified technicians can keep your Cisco switches running smoothly at a fraction of the cost charged by the manufacturer.
Before it leaves our warehouse every new and refurbished Cisco Catalyst 6840-X Switch is thoroughly tested before receiving the certified designation. The engineers who conduct this evaluation are OEM-certified, having received extensive training in testing, configuring, and troubleshooting all of our switches. We also feature a Lifetime Warranty for qualified end users.
In today’s marketplace, other than the return address on the box, there really is no difference in the hardware or maintenance that resellers provide to the customer. The true value lies in the people, the delivery, and the execution of the solution that surrounds said hardware. The MDSi difference centers on discovering the total cost of ownership of your entire current infrastructure and balancing that against future hardware initiatives to minimize your capital investment. We accomplish this by applying our full suite of Asset Management programs and services, which include Reverse Logistics, Spares Management, Repairs, Maintenance, and Installations.