The Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3040 is an integrated switch designed for the Fujitsu Siemens Computers PRIMERGY Blade Server chassis. Utilizing the switch extends Cisco infrastructure services and provides consistency throughout the network. By making the maximum use out of existing resources, operational expenses can be reduced.
Employing a Cisco 3040 switch into your network decreases cable complexity, secures assets, reduces space requirements, and can help increase overall efficiency.
Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3040 for FSC
- Dimensions: 1.26 inches (32 mm) height, 5.11 inches (129 mm) width, 9.89 inches (251 mm) depth
- Weight: 2 lb (0.9 kg)
- 32-Gbps switching fabric
- Forwarding rate based on 64-byte packets – up to 24 Mpps
- 128 MB DDR SDRAM
- 32 MB Flash memory
- Configurable up to 8192 MAC addresses
- Configurable up to 1000 IGMP groups and bridging entries
- Configurable maximum transmission unit (MTU) of up to 9018 bytes (jumbo frames)
- Predicted Mean Time Between Failure
- 400,000 hours
- 10 internal 1000Base ports connected through PRIMERGY chassis backplane
- 4 external 10/100/1000 Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP)-based ports
- Supports copper and fiber SX SFP modules
- 2 external 10/100/1000BASE-T ports
- 1 external console port
- Management console port: RJ-45-to-DB9 cable for PC connections
- 8 LEDs on face plate
- 6 per-port LEDs for uplink port status: displays link, status, and errors
- 1 console LED
- 1 status LED for FSC enclosure management
- 8 LEDs on face plate
- Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Administrative and network management information encryption:
- Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol
- Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 (SNMPv3)
- MAC Address Notification feature
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Interface Tracker feature
- Private VLAN Edge feature
- TACACS+ and RADIUS authentication
- Power Consumption: 12 V @ 3A (36 W)
- Temperature: Operating temperature range 0ºC to 40ºC (32ºF to 104ºF), storage temperature range 20ºC to 70ºC (-40ºF to 149ºF)
- Humidity: Operating relative humidity 10% to 90% non-condensing, storage relative humidity 10% to 95% non-condensing
New and Refurbished Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3040 for FSC
Our Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3040 for FSC provides exceptional value and may be just what you need for your application and bottom line. MDSi carries Cisco Catalyst 3040 switches and, in most cases, MDSi can ship your switches overnight to more than 60 countries worldwide. To rent, lease, or buy new Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3040 switches, simply Add to Quote and Submit.
Need Maintenance or Support?
MDSi can extend the life of your new or refurbished Cisco Catalyst 3040 Switch for as long as possible with our IT Hardware Maintenance Program. Our OEM-certified technicians can keep your Cisco switches running smoothly at a fraction of the cost charged by the manufacturer.
Before it leaves our warehouse every new and refurbished Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3040 is thoroughly tested before receiving the certified designation. The engineers who conduct this evaluation are OEM-certified, having received extensive training in testing, configuring, and troubleshooting all of our switches. We also feature a Lifetime Warranty for qualified end users.
In today’s marketplace, other than the return address on the box, there really is no difference in the hardware or maintenance that resellers provide to the customer. The true value lies in the people, the delivery, and the execution of the solution that surrounds said hardware. The MDSi difference centers on discovering the total cost of ownership of your entire current infrastructure and balancing that against future hardware initiatives to minimize your capital investment. We accomplish this by applying our full suite of Asset Management programs and services, which include Reverse Logistics, Spares Management, Repairs, Maintenance, and Installations.