The Cisco 2901 Integrated Services Router (ISR) enables the next phase of branch-office evolution while maximizing operational cost savings. Expansion slots on the Cisco 2901 improve efficiency as you build out your network by offering unmatched investment protection in the total cost of ownership savings and network congestion reduction. Taking advantage of common interface cards can reduce the complexity of inventory and spares management, while offering up to 35 Cisco unified SRST sessions ensure no one is left out. MDSi carries reliable networking products that can be delivered within 24 hours. Request a Quote to receive pricing, or call 1-800-874-9850 for more detailed information.
Cisco 2901 Integrated Services Router
The Cisco 2901 ISR builds on the best-of-class offering of the previous Cisco 2800 Series ISR by offering four distinct modules, of which the 2901 is the one of the entry-level routers available. With its forward thinking multi-core CPU’s, support for high capacity DSPs (digital signal processors), Gigabit Ethernet switching with enhanced PoE (Power over Ethernet), hardware-based VPN encryption acceleration, intrustion-protection, and a host of monitoring and control abilities, the 2901 is the cornerstone of many stable networks.
- Services and Slot Density
- Embedded Hardware-Based Cryptography and Acceleration
- Cisco Unified SRST Sessions: 35
- Cisco Unified CCME Sessions: 35
- Total Onboard WAN 10/100/1000 Ports: 2
- RJ-45-Based Ports: 2
- SFP-Based Ports (use of SFP port disables the corresponding RJ-45 port): 0
- Service Module Slots: 0
- Double-Wide Service Module Slots (use of a double-wide slot will occupy all single-wide service module slots in a 2900): 0
- EHWIC Slots: 4
- Double-Wide EHWIC Slots (use of a double-wide EHWIC slot will consume two EHWIC slots): 2
- ISM Slots: 1
- Onboard DSP (PVDM) Slots: 2
- Memory DDR2 ECC DRAM – Default: 512MB
- Memory (DDR2 ECC DRAM) – Maximum: 2GB
- Compact Flash (External) – Default:
- Slot 0: 256MB
- Slot 1: none
- Compact Flash (External) – Maximum
- Slot 0: 4GB
- Slot 1: 4GB
- USB Console Port (Type B) (up to 115.2 kbps): 1
- Serial Console Port: 1
- Serial Auxiliary Port: 1
- Power-Supply Options: AC and PoE
- AC Input Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC auto ranging
- AC Input Frequency: 47 to 63 Hz
- AC Input Current Range AC Power Supply (Maximum): 1.5 to 0.6A
- AC Input Surge Current: <50A
- Typical Power (No Modules) (Watts): 40
- Maximum Power with AC Power Supply (Watts): 150
- Maximum Power with PoE Power Supply (Platform Only) (Watts): 175
- Maximum End-Point PoE Power Available from AC PoE Power Supply (Watts): 130
- Physical Specifications
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.75 x 17.25 x 17.3 in. (44.5 x 438.2 x 439.4 mm)
- Rack Height: 1RU
- Rack-Mount 19 in. (48.3 cm) EIA: included
- Rack-Mount 23 in. (58.4 cm) EIA: optional
- Wall-Mount (refer to installation guide for approved orientation): Yes
- Weight with AC Power Supply (No Modules): 13.4 lb (6.1 kg)
- Weight with AC PoE Power Supply (No Modules): 14.3 lb (6.5 kg)
- Typical Weight Fully Configured: 16 lb (7.3 kg)
- Airflow: Front to side
- Environmental Specs
- Temperature: 9,843 feet (3,000m ) Maximum Altitude: 32 to 104ºF (0 to 40ºC)
- Temperature: 13,123 feet (4,000m) Maximum Altitude: 32 to 77ºF (0 to 25ºC)
- Relative Humidity: 10 to 85%
- Acoustic: Sound Pressure (Typical/Maximum): 41/53 dBA
- Acoustic: Sound Power (Typical/Maximum): 49/61 dBA
The Cisco 2900 Series ISR
The Cisco 2901 ISR is a full-featured router and is a part of the Cisco 2900 Series ISR family, which support the industries widest range of wired and wireless connectivity options such as T1/E1, T3/E3, xDSL, copper and fiber GE. All Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services Routers offer
- embedded hardware encryption acceleration
- voice and video-capable digital signal processor (DSP) slots
- optional firewall
- intrusion prevention
- call processing
- application services.
New and Refurbished Cisco 2901 Series Integrated Services Routers
Our Cisco 2901 routers provide exceptional value and may be just what you need for your application and bottom line. MDSi carries Cisco Integrated Services Routers and, in most cases, MDSi can ship your router overnight to more than 60 countries worldwide. To rent, lease, or buy a new Cisco 2901 ISR, simply Add to Quote and Submit.
Need Maintenance or Support?
MDSi can extend the life of your new or refurbished Cisco 2901 Integrated Services Router for as long as possible with our IT Hardware Maintenance Program. Our OEM-certified technicians can keep your Cisco switches running smoothly at a fraction of the cost charged by the manufacturer.
Before it leaves our warehouse every new and refurbished Cisco 2901 router is thoroughly tested before receiving the certified designation. The engineers who conduct this evaluation are OEM-certified, having received extensive training in testing, configuring, and troubleshooting all of our electronics. We also feature a Lifetime Warranty for qualified end users.
In today’s marketplace, other than the return address on the box, there really is no difference in the hardware or maintenance that resellers provide to the customer. The true value lies in the people, the delivery, and the execution of the solution that surrounds said hardware. The MDSi difference centers on discovering the total cost of ownership of your entire current infrastructure and balancing that against future hardware initiatives to minimize your capital investment. We accomplish this by applying our full suite of Asset Management programs and services, which include Reverse Logistics, Spares Management, Repairs, Maintenance, and Installations.