Working at MDSi, Inc
MDSi owes our success to the superior team members that dedicate themselves to extraordinary service each and every day. We empower our employees to provide best of breed service and embrace the “client-first” attitude we have become known for within the industry. For this reason, investing in our employees is critical to our growth and the top priority for our ongoing success. Our North American headquarters is located just north of Atlanta, GA, in the technology hub of Alpharetta, along with regional offices in Tampa. We also have regional headquarters in the United Kingdom serving all of Europe and Asia. We are currently looking for team members to fill the following positions:
Inside Sales Representative
Reporting directly to the Manager/Product Dev. Server/Storage & Cloud, the Inside Sales Rep will be responsible for further development of MQL’s and database contacts for delivery to outside sales team. The primary objective of this position is to make outbound calls in support of marketing initiatives to set voice and in-person appointments for outside sales team. Successful candidates will be outgoing, engaging, and comfortable speaking with multiple contacts on a daily basis and tracking results. Outbound calling experience is a must.
- Generate client appointments (phone and in-person) by making 100+ calls daily and booking 8-10 appointments per week
- Support national and regional pre-show programs to drive attendance and engagement
- Triage and qualify leads from events and create appointments for appropriate business units
- Manage, organize, and update contact database in support of Marketing Coordinator
- Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Able to handle changing deadlines and priorities to drive success of individual business units
- Works effectively and communicates clearly with other employees
- Track results of marketing programs and campaigns
- Associates Degree in Business or Communications or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years outbound calling experience
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to exercise judgment and work independently
- Highly motivated individual who enjoys working on multiple projects, within various teams and personalities
- Ability to effectively read people and reactions, pivoting as needed to drive phone conversations
- Comfortable with technology nomenclature and concepts
- Knowledge and daily use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior telemarketing and/or appointment setting experience
- Experience within the technology sector including, but not limited to, voice, telephony, networking, servers, and storage hardware and services
- Salesforce experience
Sales – Avaya Account Executive
As the Senior Avaya Account Executive your primary objective will be prospecting and selling Avaya/Nortel solutions into new and existing client accounts. The Senior Avaya Account Executive will work primarily with the medium to large business segment positioning MDSi within multiple divisions of those businesses.
- Actively prospect new sales opportunities into the enterprise business markets.
- Overall responsibility for meeting MDSi’s overall gross margin expectation and client satisfaction in respect to the Avaya business
- Must have the vison to craft a solution to include Avaya, Avaya Strategic Partners and MDSI Solutions.
- Maintain and continue developing MDSi relationship with Avaya Territory Managers and Indirect Team
- Work with internal MDSi teams such as order processing (post & pre-sales support), Pre-Sales Engineer, PM and technicians. Provide direction to best support and drive sales within the client account.
- Manage/Oversee orders to ensure client is confident in our ability to deliver, handle change orders, etc.
- Coordinate monthly status meetings with strategic divisions within client on MDSi’s Avaya progress, input for process improvement, etc.
- Develop new introductions within existing client base
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university and a minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training – MBA or other advanced degreed preferred.
- 5+ years working in sales, sales engineering or technical sales role within company or comparable organization
- Requires general knowledge of Avaya voice and data communications solutions
- Advanced understanding of sales cycles and the solution selling process, preferably at multiple levels
- Demonstrated experience working through complex issues with a methodical approach
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents
- Develop effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics and deliver to clients, top management and/or corporate groups
- Motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action
- Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Develops and implements financial policies and procedures
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn internal company systems, such as PACT and Axapta
Must have an intermediate understanding of telecommunications industry and sales cycles
Sales – Account Executive
The Account Executive is a member of the sales team and is responsible for meeting or exceeding his or her assigned sales quota and following all corporate policies on sales, marketing, and customer service. This position is focused on developing relationships with quality customers, understanding their needs, and providing product and service solutions that answer those needs. This person is challenged to provide existing customers with all our products and services by cultivating relationships over time. The Account Executive will also be held accountable for acquiring new customers through cold calling, networking, and other means of lead generation.
- Understand the company’s current and future product and service offerings
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annually assigned sales quotas
- Develop customer proposals for products and services that answer a customer’s needs, including pricing, technical specifications, and financing options
- Maximize sales margin by utilizing full knowledge of current marketplace and competitor positioning
- Strengthen relationships with existing customers at all levels so we are considered a vendor partner
- Continually prospects for new customers through internet, referrals, networking, industry publications, and other sources
- Must cold-call a minimum of two hours a day or as needed to hit assigned sales quota
- Document and record daily all sales prospect information into CRM
- Communicate all prospect and client activity to manager through weekly pipeline reporting
- Travel to customer sites as needed
- Facilitate the interaction of customers with product managers, business partners, and accounting to ensure the best possible solution and service to your customers
- Investigate and resolve customer problems
- Work with the Accounting Department when directed in the collection of unpaid invoices
- Maneuver and utilize internal computer systems, reports, and databases to maximize productivity and effectiveness
- Understand and follow the company’s sales policies
The successful candidate must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. He or she must be organized, with the ability to multi-task. This role requires strong business acumen, business judgment, problem solving skills, and the ability to learn quickly. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes. The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills. Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization skills, oral and written skills are a must. Product, industry, and market knowledge is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The ideal candidate should be able to articulate technical concepts and explain how technology solutions can solve business problems. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 25 – 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.