Shipping equipment to multiple sites around the country and having them configured on-site can be very expensive and time-consuming – especially if you have to send a technician on-site. MDSi can help reduce your costs by staging your equipment in our lab, ensuring that you save time and money by doing away with DOA (dead on arrival) equipment and having technicians’ time significantly reduced or eliminated.
MDSi will stage your equipment in our fully ESD compliant and climate controlled lab where trained and certified technicians will configure your hardware, including the required OS level and the configuration. We will also quality-check the equipment for any defects or errors, package it and ship it directly to site. By using MDSi’s Staging services, you increase efficiency by leveraging our technical expertise to help you prevent out-of-box failures and incorrect configurations before your equipment arrives on-site.
MDSi staging services include:
- Assembling hardware and networking components
- Installing Operating System (OS) software and applications
- Upgrading or downgrading image level according to customer requirements
- Loading configurations on network equipment
- Installing software, firmware and patches
- Asset tagging
- Per customer labeling requirements: hostnames, building, floor etc.
- Review and validation of provided engineering configurations
- Checking incoming equipment for damage
- Validation models and quantities
- Confirmation of serial numbers
- Testing, documenting and processing return of defective equipment (RMAs)
- Building and testing of cabinets (indoor and outdoor) for fiber headend equipment
- Building and testing of BTS for the wireless telecom industry
- License management (Cisco, Juniper, etc.)